8:30am-10:30am and 1:00pm-3:00pm
Social Security Administration
- 2 S. Main Street, 2nd Floor
- Akron, OH 44308
Personal Attendant Services to employees with targeted disabilities (EWD) at the Social Security Administration.
- Personal Assistant –Physically assists employee in performing tasks to complete their work assignments. Assist in organizing and maintaining files. Copying and faxing documents. Reads a variety of handwritten/printed materials to employee. Explains/describes various visual aids and if needed interprets the material. Types data into computer. Prepares letters, notices, reports and draft documents or reports. Accompanies employee to meetings, conferences and training sessions. Assists employee during emergency type situations. Assists employee in meeting transportation.
- Employee With Targeted Disabilities (EWD) –An employee with a targeted disability is an individual with a certain disability that face significant barriers to employment above and beyond the barriers faced by people with a broader range of disabilities. Targeted disabilities include the following:
- developmental disabilities, for example, cerebral palsy or autism spectrum disorder;
- traumatic brain injuries;
- deafness or serious difficulty hearing, benefiting from, for example, American Sign Language;
- blindness or serious difficulty seeing even when wearing glasses;
- missing extremities (arm, leg, hand and/or foot);
- significant mobility impairments, benefitting from the utilization of a wheelchair, scooter, walker, leg brace(s) and/or other supports;
- partial or complete paralysis (any cause);
- epilepsy and other seizure disorders;
- intellectual disabilities (formerly described as mental retardation);
- significant psychiatric disorders, for example, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, PTSD, or major depression;
- dwarfism; and
- significant disfigurement, for example, disfigurements caused by burns, wounds, accidents, or congenital disorders.
Go to all jobs