Salary: $83,600.00 /year
Department of Veterans Affairs, AITC
1615 Woodward St.
Austin, TX 78772
– Masters’s Degree in Computer Science, Electronics, Engineering, or other Engineering or
– 5 years work experience
– 2 years of additional work experience can be substituted for 1 year of college
· Experience with automation/configuration management using Ansible, Puppet, Chef or an equivalent.
· Ability to use a wide variety of open-source technologies and cloud services.
· Experience in practical application of lifecycle system engineering for IT Infrastructure.
· A working understanding of code and script (Java, .NET, PHP, Python, PowerShell, Perl and/or Ruby).
· Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service (e.g., SRE).
· Must be able to obtain and maintain a VA security clearance.
· Knowledge of, and preferably experienced with, AWS and/or Azure.
· Excellent relationship building skills while maintaining a high level of professionalism.
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree computer science, software engineering, information systems, or equivalent technical discipline 4 years of cloud technology experience.
· Amazon or Azure Cloud Certification.
· Expertise in working in defense or intelligence community Cloud environments, including AWS GovCloud, MilCloud, or Microsoft Azure Government (MAG).
· Experience using Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA), Web Application Security Assessment (WASA), and/or National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) protocols and standards.
· Experience with security and compliance with various industry standards like HIPAA, PHI, and CIS Benchmarks etc.
· Experience with SQL and MySQL (NoSQL experience is a plus).
· Prior Web Application Development.
· Knowledge of, and preferably experienced with, Agile/SCRUM methodologies.
· Familiarity or experience with AWS Cloud Formation, and MAG Resource Manager.
· Master’s Degree in relevant technical discipline.
· 8 years of work experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
· Design, implement, and maintain internal and external Cloud-based solutions and infrastructure that span across multiple public and private Clouds and regions, including Azure, AWS, and client data centers.
· Automate management and orchestration tasks, streamline processes, and perform standard administration functions, as needed.
· Analyze procedures to automate various systems and tasks, including automating code builds and deployments.
· Conduct systems upgrade and maintenance.
· Alerting and monitoring.
· Define functional and operational requirements.
· Create high-level specifications, ensuring feasibility, functionality, and integration with existing systems or platforms.
· Research and promote new DevOps tools to simplify processes and identify opportunities for improving existing processes or implementing new process automation.
· Assist security team with reviewing system security to prevent, detect, and respond to threats
· Managing production and non-production support issues as they arise.
· Work in collaboration with architects to represent DevOps during the design and development of software or extensive revisions to existing applications.
· Work with heads of internal groups to find innovative solutions to their problems and make recommendations.
· Lead spec and design meetings.